Aug 16, 2007

happy birthday Sarah




Three years ago today I was recovering from my second c-section and waiting to meet our new daughter. A good day. One of the best in my life. Today is ranking right up there too.
First of all, we put Sarah's big present in our room last night after she went to sleep. She awoke this morning and came in to wake us, like she does every day, and found her new dollhouse smack in the middle of our room. "It's beautiful!" she exclaimed! There were hugs all around and she was ecstatic! So Daddy played with her while I made pink heart shape pancakes for breakfast. yum. Then Sarah needed a bath, and where do princesses bathe on their birthday? In Mommy's princess tub of course! She thought it was a great treat and all her new princess figurines decided to join her. :) Such a fun morning for her. Now we are enjoying a quiet afternoon listening to the rain of our first named storm of the season. :) So far it's not been too scary, but I guess there is a system in Cuba right now of concern. So keep us in your prayers - these Iowan's might feel a little misplaced in the center of a hurricane!
So, the exciting news. One of our students in youth group has a trampoline they are wanting to get rid of, so we decided to take them up on the offer and it's supposed to be delivered some time this afternoon - if the rain ever lets up! So we are pretty psyched. I've always wanted a trampoline, like since I was a kid and I visited my cousins in Topeka and they had one. I remember launching through the air and thinking that surely this was what flying felt like! I'm so excited for the kids to have the exercise. I'm pretty much planning on throwing open the back door emphatically and telling them to "Go jump in out!" when they get all gritchy with each other. It's going to be great. I also plan on spending a lot of time viewing the neighborhood from the high point of my jump. Surely 28 is not too old for trampolining, right??
Another fun thing today - fun is a relative term in this case - the contractor for Comcast is scheduled to show up in a half an hour or so to start ripping apart our moldy wall. yay! At least it will get repaired! But I'm not looking forward to the mess. Hopefully they'll bring some drop clothes or something. I'll be so thankful to have this nightmare behind us.

No comments: