Aug 15, 2007

Wednesday is humpday.

So we officially registered Eli for public school yesterday, but I'm not feeling any better about that decision thus far. Rob and I have committed to trying a week of public and re-assessing at that point, and then continuing to reassess on a weekly basis until we feel comfortable with a decision, one way or the other. I was really hoping to get Eli tested for the GATE program, the Texas talented/gifted program, but testing only takes place once a year and we've missed that window. I have a lot of unrest about this school year, but we'll see how those first few days go and what new information he comes home with.
So on the docket for today? We have youth, of course. Can't wait for that. It's really becoming the highlight of my week. I had sudden inspiration to make video announcements with the kids. We have two big events this week - High School Musical 2 premieres on Friday night - Yay!! And we are having a youth pool party at Pastor Larry's home on Saturday afternoon. The video turned out alright, considering it was my first time using iMovie. Maybe I'll share it to MySpace and link it here later.
I'm really excited for Sarah's birthday tomorrow with her pink pancakes. :) I'm thinking of making a giant cookie instead of a cake too, but I haven't quite decided. I'm feeling pretty gross from the mold, so it's hard to get motivated to do much of anything.
Well, needing to scrounge up some lunch!

No comments: