Aug 9, 2007

My Comcastic Nightmare



So here is a copy of my letter to Comcast concerning the above pictures...

I am emailing you to report the damage done to my home by a Comcast Contractor. Her name is Karin (she did not give me a last name) and her technician number is 5264. She showed up at my home on August 3rd about 3:30pm and worked for approximately 2 hours, drilling various holes, etc. Shortly after five she left to purchase a tool at Lowe's which is about five minutes from my home. She didn't return until 8pm - well after my stated apt time of 2-5pm. She worked for another hour and fifteen minutes and left about 9:15pm stating that she wold be back on Saturday (August 4th) at noon to finish the project. She left wires all over my home (split through my living room running to computer and tv) and piles of wires in my driveway and on my back patio. Also, numerous holes had been drilled but not properly sealed.
Karin has never returned to finish the job even though she left her tools and ladder. I called her numerous times on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I finally went to the Comcast office on Monday afternoon and complained, scheduled another appointment with a contractor for Tuesday 2-5pm who also never showed. On Wednesday I returned to the Comcast office and requested another appointment. Finally a team of contractors showed up Thursday morning at 9am. They were thorough and fast and very polite about the whole mess. Thursday morning, about ten moments before the contractors came, my husband noticed mold on our wall where the cable had been incorrectly installed. We quickly realized that it was due to moisture from the hole that Karin had drilled through our home 7 days ago. We now have a four foot stretch of black mold in our dining/living room. This is absolutely unacceptable. I have a three year old and a 6 year old who are both asthmatic and mold is the worst possible thing for them. I need to have this repaired immediately.
I called Comcast this morning and filed a claim. An inspector came to my door, looked at the mold and concurred that it was definitely the previous contractor's fault and assured me that damages would be covered and it would be made correct immediately. I am very concerned about the health of my family in this process. Please correct this matter as soon as possible. I have enclosed pictures. The first is from Saturday morning and the latter is the wall as it currently is with mold growing rapidly. Thank you. - Anna

Isn't that the craziest thing you've heard this week?? I'm in awe of the gross negligence of this contractor. I'm really praying that Comcast will get this fixed quickly before it gets worse. It's pretty much growing by the minute - because there was no visible mold yesterday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Anna, that's awful!!! I hope they take care of it soon, I'll be praying for you in the mean time. :)