Feb 23, 2008

Look What We Did


It's been a crazy day. We spent 4 1/2 hours at the Saturn dealership this morning and in to afternoon. We've test drove SEVEN Saturns in the past week. But this baby we decided to take home with us. We got it at 40% off the sticker price and traded in our ancient Dodge (goodbye Max!). Apparently we got such a good deal that the salesman couldn't even bring himself to say goodbye to me. He mumbled a thank you to Rob and shook his hand, but ran back into the dealership without thanking me. I guess I was just too hard-core frugal for him. I'm pretty sure he didn't make much commission on us. :) I was so into the process of buying the car, I wasn't really even excited about the car itself. I tried so hard to remove myself from the emotional attachment of the vehicle and focus solely on the numbers and driving a hard bargain. We left the dealership and I felt like I had won!! Very fun.
So Rob drove home. Our '07 Vue with 24,000 miles on it. But I drove it to my baby shower gig today and I was really happy with it. It's an awesome car, and it's still under warranty. yay! We both feel like we made a really good decision. And in only three trips to the dealership! Which is ok, I'm not really sure our Dodge could have made a fourth trip. I think we squeezed every last mile and dollar out of it. In fact, they traded us one and a half times what we originally paid for it, so essentially the Dodge paid for itself and then some in the past two and a half years. You can't beat that!
The shower went well. It posed a lot of lighting challenges, but it was really fun to shoot a variety of ages. Now I'm doing laundry and getting ready for tomorrow. It's our annual business meeting. good fun.

No comments: