Feb 7, 2008

On my mind.


Lots bumping around my mind these past few weeks. I've been kind of a poor blogger, but it just seems like life is taking over lately, but all good. And I promise, I will never abandon my blog. It's been a couple years now and we've got a good thing going. :)

I see some major life changes occuring here. Like moving to TX wasn't enough! :) I've watched myself slowly slip away from the life of a stay at home mom these past 8 months, and I'm ok with that. I love all that I'm doing, and I'm really excited about these new directions we are moving in.

I do miss my friends and family. It's crazy to me that Lori had a baby back in November, and I haven't even seen her yet! And Kimmie, don't even get me started on Kimmie. I can't believe she's all the way in Nashville. I think this is the longest Kim-less stretch we've gone since we went back to school. Not cool, Kim is awesome! My kids really miss her.

I think I'm about used to Texas. Except for the food. I'm managing seafood, barbeque, and (gulp) Tex-Mex alright, but I'm really missing corn on the cob and really good Italian food, both of which are unheard of down here - despite local opinion. I do miss the snow, which I'm sure makes you Northerners laugh with all the white stuff you've been living with for months now. I miss the fast talking and fast moving of the North. We get stuff done up there! In a hurry! Maybe it's the four seasons, makes time appear to move faster?

Anyway, I'm really adjusting to here though. I love our house, for the most part. I can't wait to start putting my fingerprints on it. Lori and I wrote our budget again this week, the first time since we moved. I know that sounds terrible, but things were pretty topsy turvy those first six months. So there is freedom in that, being back on the Dave Ramsey swing of things, establishing a savings again and being debt-free except for student loans (wah) and house payment. I am truly excited for our financial future and being back in control of things.

Oh, and I've been meaning to say, we got a cat. Yep, about a week ago actually. I hadn't posted a picture or anything yet because I wasn't sure how well it was going to work out. He's absolutely terrified and literally lives under our beds all day every day. About 9pm he wanders out for a good rubbing from Rob or I, and he seems to prowl a bit at night, but he's super skittish. He reminds us of Toby from the cartoon Robin Hood - just terrified of his own shadow, so that's what we named him. So far he's a very good cat, just scared stiff.

I think we are going to head to the mall tonight to spend a Build-A-Bear gift card that Eli got for his birthday from my cousin and her family. He'll be pretty thrilled. He also needs jeans uber-bad, so that will probaby happen too, which will lighten my laundry burden. Yay!

It's so nice to be home today and tomorrow. I'm exhausted. :)

No comments: