Dec 30, 2008


1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
roofed my house. stink, been on top of my house!!

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
eh. I did better this year than most, but am aiming to do better this coming year. I am always aiming to do better. :)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
To new ideas! And a new business, so sure, why not??

4. Did anyone close to you die?
We lost Rob's Grandma Lois this year. We were so blessed to visit her up in Iowa in May and she passed in September.

5. What countries did you visit?
Texas.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
more free time.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Evacuating our home on September 11th. that was pretty surreal. And probably November 12th - our Executive Presbytery interview. Whew, glad both of those days are passed!!

8.What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing Financial Peace University and learning to win with money. Praise Jesus!!

9.What was your biggest failure?
I can think of lots of little failures, mostly in the area of relationships and money. I'm praying to do better in the future.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lots of sinus trouble. No injuries. Praise the Lord!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
That has to be my Nikon. but my Kitchenaid is a close second. :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband. He fights for our family every day and I love him for it!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Our political candidates. The economic bailout. Pretty much all the decisions in Washington DC this year.

14. Where did most of your money go?
House payments. Gasoline. Growing little people. And starting ATP.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Shooting my first wedding. Finishing up the roof. Seeing my cousin and her family on the beach. Rob's ordination. Going to Iowa and seeing Lori's new baby. Taking people's pictures. Momentum at theLOFT.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"The Lining is Silver" by Relient K. My kids and I have rocked out to that song in the car more times than any grown up ever should. It's the song I put in when I need a pick me up or to get charged up for youth group. We love that song!!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?
I'm more content. I've lived another year and seen God provide... again. I'm so thankful and grateful for all the good in my life. I've learned a lot and realized that there is still so much more to learn. Hopefully I've mellowed out a bit??

thinner or fatter?
the same. it's just shifted some more.

richer or poorer?
let's just say more on the right track than ever.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
scrapbook and blog. I feel like I missed a lot. Sometimes I feel like the scrapbooks and blog are the only evidence of a life fully lived and that's why it's important to me.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
relying on my own strength, rather than God Almighty. That and saying 'yes' to everything anyone ever asks me to do. I'm the total opposite of that new Jim Carrey movie - which looks hilarious btw!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I've spent it. Feels just like when you've spent your money, wondering what exactly you did with it. It was strange being without my extended family, but wonderful slowing down with the Thoresons.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
All over again with my wonderful hubby of 10 years. He rocks my socks off and I am so, so blessed.

23. How many one-night stands?
Wow. Yeah, that's the furthest thing from my mind. I would never ever cheapen God's awesome gift like that.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
the Office. that. show. is. so. funny. (I'm laughing just thinking about it!!)

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
eek. that's a horrible thought. nope. I really try not to hate anyone. :)

26. What was the best book you read?
Safely Home (Dude, read this book!!)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sondre Lerche. He's awesome.

28. What did you want and get?
Something beyond staying home after 7 years. And now I have more than I can keep up with!

29. What did you want and not get?
A big fat Nikon. I know, that's terrible. I'm ready to upgrade and it hasn't been a year yet. sorry. But me and Dave are talking about waiting a while. :)

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
High School Musical 3. I'm a nerd like that. But seriously, I loved it!!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29. (eek, I'm old) and I shot my first bridal portrait session. It was relatively awesome.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
can't imagine. well, maybe if we'd done financial peace previously, but I think God's timing is always right.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
modest eclectic flair. (dark jeans, tee's and flats)

34. What kept you sane?
my Lord and Savior, my daily talks with Lori and that guy I sleep with.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm almost ashamed to say it, but Dave Ramsey. Not that I think he's hot or anything, just his ideas are life-changing.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
It's seriously to the point I just need to ignore it cause there's nothing I can do to change it, unfortunately.

37. Who did you miss?
My friends, my family, peace and quiet.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
2008 brought a lot of amazing people into my sphere. I'm thankful for it.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I need to slow down and enjoy life as it happens, each day, each stage, each lesson. I see my kids growing up before my very eyes and it scares me that we don't have enough time left. I want to enjoy the process.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

I found my new black shoes
while cleaning out the bones left in my closet
They were there with a bad excuse
Bon Voyage

And I found a backup plan
I'm grateful that I didn't have to use it,
but it's made up of real good friends
Bon Voyage

Isn't it nice to know that the lining is silver
Isn't it nice to know that we're golden

I found a list of flaws
that I saw in myself and other people
And I threw it away because
Bon Voyage

Isn't it nice to know that the lining is silver
Isn't it nice to know that we're golden oh oh
Isn't it nice to know that the lining is silver
Isn't it nice to know that we're golden
Yeah we're golden.

No comments: