Dec 4, 2008

Thankful



I've been wanting to post this since Friday and possibly my best Thanksgiving ever.

Seriously, it was probably the strangest Thanksgiving ever, since we spent all of Thanksgiving day on the roof and it didn't even feel like Thanksgiving. But between Kim, Bev and I we pulled a meal together for Friday night and it tasted so good knowing that the roof was almost done! It was really spectacular because it was family (Rob and the kids and Bev) and friends (Kim and Rick and Bart and Jennifer and their kids) and it was students (who are both friends and family) with Amber and Matt. We had such a good times! I almost cried with thanksgiving looking around at my tiny little table crowded with food and more people than it could accomodate. All these people had come together to help us put on our roof and we couldn't have done it without one of them! And not all of our help even stayed for supper, but it was so special!!

So we finished up on Saturday, about 3pm. After everyone got cleaned up, we took the clan out for El Torro to celebrate. Wow, that food tasted good too! It was just such an awesome weekend. And the roof looks great! Totally like a professional team did it! Isn't that the grace of God? (since it was housewives with hammers and a pastor, a missionary, a teenager and a cabinet maker) :) Oh, and it's done nothing but rain since then and it's holding up beautifully!

On Monday Kim and I bummed around H-town together. That was the best. Some stress-relief shopping. I got started on some Christmas things (wow, I feel behind already) and replaced my falling apart black pumps. We happened upon a fill-yer-bag sale at Scrapbook By Design and now I'm all set for the Xmas party on Friday night. (which I'm totally psyched for) It was good to just be with my friend and not on the roof yelling over the peak at her praying that neither of us tumbled to our death or handicap.

And that's a huge praise - everyone was ok, not one mishap. We are so blessed!

No comments: