Dec 29, 2008

Stay-Cation

So we've enjoyed a few days off and stayed here in Baytown. I honestly don't know if I'd do it this way again, Rob was sick the first two days and I had a few shoots on Saturday, so it really didn't feel like a vacation. We mostly slept in and played around the house. I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I would have liked to, but maybe that is a good thing. :)

Today we took the kiddos to see Bedtime Stories, which was really cute and fun. It was nice to get out of the house a bit and do something family oriented. We also took the kids to the bank and started their savings accounts. Eli's already excited to be saving for his first car! (Dave Ramsey would be proud!)

Yesterday we went to Lakewood and saw Joel Osteen, so that was pretty cool. I've wanted to attend one of their services since we moved here over a year and a half ago. I really wanted to see the difference between tv and real life and it was pretty cool. They had a family service, so the kids attended worship with us and watching our children enter in during worship was a powerful blessing.

These last two pictures are from Sarah's room. After three months I finally about have it where I want it. I still need to put a bit of trim on her curtains and hang her new monogram, but other than that I'm happy with it. I found this great quilt set at Target and I think it really works with her eclectic theme. She's thrilled.

No comments: