Jun 3, 2010

Almost the Weekend...

so hopefully we close on our house tomorrow. Otherwise it will be Monday. Which, honestly, I'm not in a huge hurry or anything and it didn't bother me that it had been pushed back a bit, that's pretty normal. But then yesterday I realized that we will be at camp on Monday, in Kerrville, with little to no cell service all week. So finding a fax machine, a notary of the public, and a fed-ex drop box could prove interesting. It's so funny, ironic, really, that this has just been the way of this move. If there's a tough way to do it, that's the route we'll wind up taking. I honestly am so looking forward to signing this papers just to symbolize it being finished! I've come a long way from 'I don't want to move, I love my house', haven't I? At this point, this whole thing has been pretty long and drawn out. But I'm thankful to be here, and I'm thankful that where ever we are to close, at least Rob and I are in the same place, and that makes life so much simpler and more sensical, if that computes. So, I'm praying that we actually close tomorrow, only one day behind schedule, rather than Monday. But if God wants a Monday closing, then He's going to provide the grace and waywithall to handle it.


Today was E and S's last day of school. Can't believe they are on their way to 4th and 1st grade. The older they get the more time flies and I feel their childhood slipping through my fingers like sands of time. Rob took half the day off to attend her graduation this afternoon, and then we are headed to Baytown to see some friends and hopefully bid adiuo to the Baytown house. It should be a great weekend, lots of photos, I'm sure. I had to take a few photos this morning to document their growth, it just seems like they grew in leaps and bounds this school year. Sare's become my little reader. We put bookshelves in the hallway upstairs (due to them sharing a room) and the hallway has become a library of sorts to her. I keep finding her curled up on the tile floor, book in hand, sounding out the hard words. She reads constantly right now and it's an absolute delight because I've always prayed that both of our children would develop a profound love of reading, it just makes life so much easier if you like to read.

Here's a reminder photo from the beginning of the year. Yes, Sarah's hair is getting really long! We resort to some variation of a ponytail most days, cause it's already just too stinking hot. It's been 96 or so the past 3 weeks. And June just started.


I did squeeze in the tiniest bit of scrapping yesterday with Lori. About an hour, but it hit the spot. She's 9 months pregnant and I'll be at camp all week next week, so we grabbed the time we could.

This page has been in my head for a while. I found this amazing stamp at Scrapbook Junkie in Webster and immediately my mind was spinning with ideas to use it. I love how it turned out!

And this page is about our weekend commutes to San Antonio. Can't tell you how glad I am to be done with that! Our poor car, the backseat looks like we had nuclear fallout. I need to get it shampooed, but we've got to stay in one place long enough to do it!


No comments: