Jun 4, 2010

Fantastic Time with the Tindols..


So, Sarah graduated. In tears, but she graduated. And I sat there, with the 140 or so kindergartners, and teared up myself remembering how special her LGA graduation was and how this was a cheap imitation in comparison. Made me thankful for LGA all over again. :) What a blessing it was.

Oh, we had a blast. It was hurried, literally a 24 hour trip. We thought we were going to get to close on our house, but yeah, that would have been the easy route and that's just not our style, right? So we got to spend a few hours with Pastor Larry and Linda, which was awesome. (out of my great respect for Pastor and Linda and their dislike of photos, I refrained from taking any, but I would have loved to!) Then we went over to the Tindols and had pizza and stayed up way too late while Jen did my hair, which looks amazing, you can tell from the photos, can't you?

I'm so blessed to have her as my hair gal, but way more blessed to have her as my pal!

So today we all slept in till 8:30 and then sat around their house in pajamas discussing possible plans for the day. By about noon we finally got it together enough to go to Sylvan Beach for Ethan's 5th birthday photo shoot and then to the Bucket Pool (our fond name for it) for the mad price of a $1 a head. We snacked and swam and swam and snacked and it was a perfect day. By 4:30 we were clawing our way through Houstan back towards home, now set with a Tuesday closing date (that will be interesting from camp, but we'll make it work) and home, showered, kids in bed, and laundry humming by 9:30pm. I'm so thankful we went. Sometimes it's just good to remember who loves you and to pause and love em back! ;)

Rob made this incredible face and I happened to catch it. :)

Rob took this amazing portrait on my purse camera and I adore it! I totally see my mom in me though, and I've never seen that before.

the clan at the Bucket Pool, resting and snacking during a 'break'.

cutest kids ever, right??

(at McDonald's on the way home. Sare's '1' is for first grade!)



No comments: