Jun 11, 2010

This Changes Everything!




Gosh, camp was amazing. I have to admit, I wasn't initially too thrilled about the idea of another week living away from my husband, after we'd been back together less than 3 weeks, and I went into the week exhausted, but God is so good and I felt better and better every day. And now it's 11pm and I'm still up, crazy girl!

God did so much, and I promise you will be hearing more about it in the relatively near future. I'm still turning over some things in my heart and discussing possibilities and plans with Rob. All I can really tell you is that God is faithful and His ways are higher than our ways. Ironically, I thought that our seperation was all about recieving the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and now I'm beginning to see how that was just one facet of a bigger plan.

I had the best time getting to know our students; they are amazing and I'm blessed that God has called us to work here with them. This truly was the best week of camp I've ever experienced (in my probably 14 summers of church camp total) simply because I went in with the right attitude and goals; to passionately love my God and through that, love my students. I committed myself to be emotionally available to them, and I was spiritually prepared. God showed up in a big way and I think that was some of the most effective 96 hours of ministry I've ever experienced.

Kay, I need to go to bed, but wanted to share just a couple photos first. I totally did not regret taking Baby Nikon and Kit Lens with me. :) Plus my girls LOVED my camera. easy in.

Our group getting ready to pile in the van and our car to head out to camp. Gotta love that hour drive, versus SIX! Oh, and the two guys in the front had a sea of girls follow them everywhere they went all week. So hilarious.

Worship on the first night. I love seeing a sea of students going hard after God.. breaks my heart wide open. I never want to be too old to be that enthusiastic for Jesus.

Didn't see enough of this guy all week. I missed him bunches, but had such a great time connecting with our students. He did a phenomenal job as assistant manager for the week. (plus he's really cutie!)

Where we hid for the Great Escape. We were not found and we were the very last group to get in to the Tab. The most amazing part is that these 12-14 year old girls hid for 45 minutes in the dark, without moving, kneeling on the ground, and not talking. Three times the hunters with flashlights came by, and yet they never found us.

Our victory picture! Way to go girls!



Always the highlight of the week, the hike up Prayer Mountain. I totally didn't have the right lens for this, or a tripod, but I gave it my best shot with what I had with me. It was a powerful experience. The coolest part was that Rob and I led the hike up and then again back down.

And here we are fixing to leave. You can see how we all feel about each other. :) Amazing how God can create a family in 4 days. Love these kids. So blessed to be here.
And then the last awesome thing is that our closing papers were finally emailed to us today. We boogied around this afternoon to get them signed and fed-exed back. As of Monday, our house is someone else's house. yay!

No comments: