Jun 10, 2007

a little sad





Sharing a few photos from our weekend. I'll be uploading Kim and Ricky wedding shots here in a just a minute. I've spent the last few hours working on lists and mentally preparing to pack. We are going to pick up boxes here shortly, and then the fury begins. I'm tempted to wander through my house with a camera and just capture a few things before they are forever changed. I have really enjoyed living in this house the past two years. I invested a lot of myself into it, and I'm a bit sad to leave it for our new shiney house. (seriously, our new house was built in 1996, I have shoes that are older than it!!) I have really appreciated the time we have spent here. I enjoyed the history of this house and I enjoyed embracing it's character with color and vintage stuff. Somehow I don't think my vintage table cloth curtains will suffice in the new house. :)
I do think that embracing change is a life lessong God has been instilling in me recently. Life moves so fast, I think it's important to enjoy things for the season you are in because season's change quickly. I want to live without regrets and appreciate things as they happen and embrace the change when it comes. I have loved this house, but I'm sure we will create many warm and happy memories in our new house as well.
We told our students tonight, the ones that weren't there this morning. That was hard. I will really miss our kids, we've grown close to them. I'm sad that we will miss major moments... graduations and proms and milestones in their life. But I know that this is part of life and part of ministry and staying here outside of God's will for our life is not a valid option.
Anyway, lots of deep thoughts tonight. Enjoying the quiet of being home again.

No comments: