Sep 16, 2007

Crop







Wow. I had so much fun last night. First of all, it was just amazing to get away and have some down time for me. No children, no church stuff, no family. Just little ole me. It was good, I was starting to forget what I look like on my own. :) I totally wasn't in the mood to go scrapbook until about 2pm yesterday. I literally had to force myself to pack my stuff into my tote. I'm just kind of running on exhaust fumes lately, and taking time to scrapbook just sounded like more work. Gee, if that's not a red light, I don't know what is?? But cause I paid for the crop already, I followed through. And I'm so glad I did. I needed that six hours of mass creativity. Plus I got to meet Janet Hopkins of Heidi Swapp Advantus. Incredible. She's super sweet and incredibly creative. She was featured a lot in 'Just for Looks' which is one of my favorites and it never even occurred to me to bring my copy so she could sign it! duh. Anyhoo, I had a great time talking to her and listening to her and admiring her beautiful work. The photographs of it really don't do it justice. Her style is very different than mine, but awesome, just the same. I did get quite a bit of work done, five pages, which is impressive considering I was only there 6 hours, we ate and I did quite a bit of perusing in Tracy's awesome store. I love working in the store because any creative binge you might take is right there at your disposal. Some new products I played with last night included the American Craft Thickers and the Marah Johnson Velvet Brads. Oh, and I had to buy these crazy rubons because they inspired me every single time I walked past them and by the end of the night I figured I could come up with something to put them on!! So nonetheless I had a fantastic time. Oh, and the owl is totally Janet's inspiration. She put that together and I had to lift the owl, it was soooo cute!

No comments: