Sep 24, 2007

Missions Convention Recap.












Whew.

We survived the weekend. (and the people rejoiced!) It sounds like a small task, but I garauntee you, it was insane! We literally ran from 7am to 10pm Saturday and Sunday, dragging the kids behind us all the way. :) Sadly, Sarah woke up in the night coughing, so we are laying low today. She's perched in front of 'The Little Mermaid' right now.
So missions convention was awesome. We really enjoyed getting to know the missionaries, the services, and just all the church wide socialization was great. So often Rob and I are busy with the youth (in a seperate building) so our time with the rest of the church seems pretty limited! We had no youth services or sunday school the past two days, so that was cool. Oh, and Pappa's was amazing. I really jumped out of my comfort zone and ordered Cedar Plank Salmon - it was delicious! The best part is that the church pledged $47,000 to missions. Isn't that amazing??
I'm just super thankful to be here. What a blessing.

In other news, I got an email from Janet Hopkins (works for Heidi Swapp) and she's going to let me photograph her beautiful family in November. I'm sooooo excited!!
This week should be a little slower. (whew) My cousin John and his family will be visiting on Thursday, I'm looking forward to that! And staff meeting. Beyond that, just the usual. And catch up on my house. Good times.

No comments: