Jan 7, 2008

cleaning up


I guess earlier today I was digging out and now I am cleaning out. I know I haven't posted them yet, but one of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more fiscally responsible. No laughing if you remember last years resolutions - that's the awesome part about a new year, you get another chance to start again and it's okay. Anyhoo, in light of my re-attempt at financial responsibility, another resolution is to kick butt with the grocery game. If you don't know what the grocery game is or you've forgotten about it, you can check it out here. I haven't forgotten about it, or even stopped by any means, but since we've moved to TX I've found it a lot more difficult to carve out time to do it properly. So in 2008 I want to rock the grocery game and see how much I can get for how little!! The best part about finding amazing deals and growing a stockpile is getting to give it away, I love blessing other people! Plus I love getting our family's grocery budget down in the $200 a month range and still eating like kings!! So, to encourage myself, and anyone else out there, I'm posting a picture of what I bought today. I spent just over $100 at four stores and please note that that is a 2x Tide, so that's a pretty big item. Oh, and Sarah is not included in my total, she is just modeling for me. I also have $13.50 in ECB's at CVS and $3.00 in rebates at Walgreens, so that knocks my total down a bit. :) but who's counting? oh, me.

No comments: