Jan 25, 2008

tomorrow


This little baby turns seven.





I



feel



so




old....




Oh well.

He is worth it. :)

I can't believe Eli is seven. I remember taking him home from the hospital. I remember it so clearly, because it was snowing. Not the pretty stuff either, the wet slick gross snow that turns to ice shortly after it hits the ground. They rolled us out of the hospital (I was soooo not ready to go home) and there is my proud husband, all ready to put our new baby boy in the Geo. I was like "You brought the Geo? You expect us to take our baby boy home from the hospital in the Geo? The car that's very name has to remind it what it's supposed to do?" I was appalled, and almost refused to go with him until he went home and switched cars. But I was tired of the mean nurses and ready for my own bed, so I consented. Funny, we've been driving trashy cars ever since then. Poor Sarah, she came home in the 81 Ford LTD minus the air conditioning. Ah, our family and cars.

Oh well, back to Eli. He's the important subject at hand.

This kid is amazing. He's smart. I know every parent says that about their kids, but he really truly is, people tell us all the time. He taught himself to read. One day, he just read me a book. Crazy, huh?

But more importantly than smart, he's compassionate with people. He loves Jesus and is ready to tell you all about it. He's very sensitive and loving. He's got a very strong moral compass. He's funny. He's got great hair (gets it from Rob). And he's super photogenic - a definite plus in our family. I'm thinking tomorrow we may need to do a special birthday photo shoot. A little for him, a little for me. I'm dying to take some pictures. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, finally.

I'm thinking green pancakes for breakfast - it's his favorite color. We have that in common too. And I made him a chocolate cake tonight, and I'm frosting it on a green plate. I still need to wrap his presents. We've got quite a bit going on tomorrow, but we'll still make it special.

and wow, that photo is bad of me and Rob. How is it we are older but we look better? That doesn't seem right, but hopefully we look better than that! :)

No comments: