Jan 1, 2008

Welcome 2008












So we rung in the New Year with 9 of our closest teenagers last night. :) It was awesome. I can't think of a better way to kick off a new year, I love spending time with our students. We started at 9pm and 'locked in' until 7am. We enjoyed pizza, group games, snacks, video games, a full breakfast and lots of quality time. Some of our highlights included Capture the Flag and Duck Tape to the Wall. It was all good.

So I'm pretty excited about 2008. Imagine that, me excited about something. :) I'm sure it's a stretch. But we have a lot to look forward to, a lot of exciting things setting off. First of all, my sister comes in tomorrow night, just after church with her friend Leah. We are going to have a blast roaming around Houston and Galveston, taking pictures and just generally looking for trouble I'd imagine. We are going to do our long awaited 'Trash the Dress' photos and I am so excited for that! Rob is completely on board, he's got some pretty awesome ideas.

The photography thing is taking off on it's own. I got another call today, for a couple I don't even know! They saw Erin and Matt's photos and are super excited to shoot in Houston. There's a park they have in mind, engagement photos - which happen to be my favorite kind of photos to take! I am so in awe of this photo thing, I feel like God is just dropping it in my lap! I probably need to come up with a business card at some point, since people keep asking for them.

John Jacob's Next Generation Power Force is coming to our church at the end of the month. I think it will be a very positive thing for us right now, we are just getting all of our projects done and we are just about 'company ready' as a church. It's an exciting event. Rob and I are undertaking a lot of the details, so that's a little overwhelming, but we'll do our very best.

As I'm typing here, fireworks are going off. That's one of the funny things about TX, they love their explosives. :) We noticed firework booths popping up all over the place about a week ago and everyone is enjoying them on a nightly basis. We never did them for New Years in Iowa or Illinois, but I guess it's quite a bit warmer here so they are a year-round event.

Well, I'm going to conclude with some photos. I'm pretty wiped out from our up all nightedness. Miss Monique kept our children last night and into the afternoon, which was awesome for us to recover, but I'm still feeling a bit sleep deprived. I've got a lot to do tomorrow, and all week really, so I need to catch up. Don't want to start off this new year on the wrong foot!


PS - the photo of Rob and I making crazy faces - We were told to make Zoolander faces, so that's our interpretations of 'Blue Steel'. hee hee.

No comments: