Jan 19, 2008

I'm here.


You were probably starting to wonder.

I kind of feel like I've been in a black hole this week.

First of all, Sare's had a double ear infection since last Sunday. She's getting better, but her cough has gotten worse. go figure.
So she only made it to school 2 days this week, which is fine, except that it threw my Power Force plans into a tail spin. I played major catch up on Friday. That's ok though, we got there.
I realized late yesterday, I have one more school to book (still) and some bottled water to buy, but beyond that I'm pretty much ready for the Power Force to get here. Oh, and I'm still tracking down fire axes, but details, right? The kids and I are going on Monday to pick up a utility pole, isn't that funny? In the church van, they are going to be so excited!

We had our first scrapbooking group last night. Five of us ladies were there, it was pretty fun. I think our numbers were down because of a funeral tomorrow and because of lousy weather. Apparently in southern TX rain is a perfectly acceptable reason to stay home. Isn't that funny? I did finish up some pages I started before, and started on a few more, but overall I was mostly uninspired. Lately scrapbooking doesn't excite me nearly as much as photography. What is with that?

Speaking of photography, I have a shoot scheduled for Feb. 2, an engaged couple. I'm pretty excited about it! I wish I didn't have to wait so long. Patience has never been my strong suit.

So I'm cleaning house today. Need to do that pretty badly, it's getting deep. This week was just a loss that way, and I'm not sure why. I was home Monday-Wednesday and worked on things, but never got quite caught up. I also have about 20 inserts to cut and sort from the past two weeks papers, so that's enough to keep me quite busy for the day.

Oh, and the pictures I'm sharing. Rob and I splurged this week. I know, doesn't fit in with my 'fiscally responsible in 2008' very well, but I bake ALOT and I had bought a kitchenaid hand mixer to replace my dead lost ten year old wedding gift mixer and it didn't work properly. So in the midst of sending it back, this mixer went on crazy sale ($50 cheaper then I've ever seen it in two years of watching it's price) so we decided to take the plunge and buy it instead. She's beautiful, I've used her three times. We (me and the kids) decided to name her Ruby. She's a welcome addition to our family. Oh, and she matches my kitchen and my china. Lucky me!

No comments: