Apr 17, 2009

Big Ordination Day = Sleepy Girl


Wow. I want to journal all that was in my head last night, as it was spinning trying to calm down to go to sleep. Hopefully I can remember it all, but I'm pretty wiped out and Rob won't go to bed with me at 8:30pm. (after almost 11 years of marriage, I really don't like to go to bed by myself, I need my heater!)

First off, District Council was amazing this year. This was our 4th District Council (2 in IL and now 2 in TX) and by far the best yet. Don't get me wrong, our licensing service was really special, but it was definitely overshadowed by our experience last night. Anyway, the whole Council was a leading up to Thursday night's service. We know so many people now, mostly because of Rob's role as the Sectional Rep for the past year. Every time we turned around we'd bump into someone else that we'd shared some experience with. It was like a great big family. And we just kept adding to the family throughout the week. I'm not going to name drop or anything, but it was really cool to get to know some of the high-ups in the district.

Ok, I will name drop just two places, but both of my stories have significance, so bear with me. First off, Dr. George O. Wood preached our Ordination service. And that is meaningful because he was our Interim Pastor at Central way back in college, while we were struggling so hard to stay in school and living at the campground (go all the way back to the beginning of my blog and you can easily remember the struggles we waded through during school). During that time I had suffered our second miscarriage, and he had a tv spot that really spoke to me one day. I had written a note to thank him for the encouragement, and he wrote me back. Handwritten note. I still have it. And he was our speaker last night. Doesn't that sound like a God thing? We spoke with him afterwards and he recognized us and remembered our story. God is so good, isn't He?? He signed Rob's Ordination Bible, so that's a very neat momento from the evening. Sometimes, when things like that happen, I think our life will make such a great story some day. All centered around how good God is...

Second name drop (and that's it, I promise) happened at supper on Tuesday. Rob and I were sharing a phenomenal chicken and avocado sandwich in the restuaraunt bistro. Who should happen to take the table right next to us? None other than Brother Burroughs, our retired Superintendant. He proceeded to talk with us for the next half an hour, so personable and approachable. It really made me realize what a great, relational district we are a part of.

Overall, it was a wonderful council, filled with incredible moments. The absolute highlight was last night's service and especially during the kneeling and passing of the mantle. Pastor Hayes prayed over us and his prayer was so significant and just right on. And Linda and Ginny were snapping pictures all the while. I'll be getting some of their photos here in the next few days.

Oh, and I loved my dress. The board bought us new clothes for the event and they were beautiful. I felt like a princess! We'll be wearing them on Sunday morning, too!

Ok, while I'm too tired to type anymore. I'm so glad to be home with my beautiful children and all comfy in our home again. Hope you have a good night too!!

No comments: