Apr 29, 2009

A few Moments

Ok, heading out the door here in just a bit, but I have realized this afternoon how very bad I've been about blogging again. I'm sorry. I sometimes wish I could remote post from my head, cause I'll find myself thinking about blogging in random places like while waiting at a stoplight in the car, or while sitting under the dryer at the beauty shop, or when I'm standing in line at that bank. All those little snippets of time that could be utilized for good if I was just a bit more organized, right? That iPod Touch sure would come in handy, wouldn't it?? (actually, it's on sale and comes with a $30 gift card at Target this week, but I am being good and holding out for my new camera first, hoping they run the sale again later in May). Anyway, y'all have been on my mind...

New camera. So I mentioned that. I've been 'shopping' for about 2 months now. By shopping I mean reading consumer reviews, comparitive studies, and asking the opinions of other avid Nikon users. About a week ago I was praying about it and God spoke to me about paying cash for this camera. I know that seems obvious, but sometimes I really get excited about things and Rob had already given me the go-ahead, knowing I was good for it. I committed to God that I would wait until I had ALL the cash to buy it. That was a week ago yesterday. As of today, I'm 80% there. God is so good!! My goal is to buy my new camera for my birthday, a little 30th splurge from ATP to me. :) Rob's pretty excited too, cause he's dying to shoot second camera on the d40x.

ATP has been crazy good lately, it's really exciting. I love my job so much, and have been literally submerging myself in the business this month. I just noticed my post count on my sister blog and it was 25 posts this month, compared to 3 and 6 (or something similar) per month earlier in the year. I'm not done either, I've got 4 more shoots this weekend and I'm loving it!!

My quiet times have also been awesome lately. I feel a maturity coming on with 3o. I'm sure all my friends are having a hard time digesting that one, but a maturity for me, by my standards, not by the world's. :) It's wierd, I was wrestling so hard with this upcoming birthday for the past 6 or 8 months, but in the last week or so, I feel a peace with it. Like yeah, I'm 30, I've figured a lot of this stuff out! Ok, maybe not that far, but I truly am in awe of what God is doing in my life. I never dreamed that I'd be running my own up and coming business and developing client strategies or learning Photoshop or bending my brain around all this new information. It's totally overwhelming and empowering. It makes me wonder where I'll be in another 10 years? (eek! we'll cross that bridge when we come to it) But 30 is neat, cause I'm confident in where I'm at. I know I have a lot of things that I'm not good at, but I've come to grips with that and can stand back and say, I'm just not good at that and thank goodness other people are! On the other hand, I'm really beginning to realize the things I am good at, and starting to see how God has woven this this thread of unconnected talents together to do something big for His kingdom. How awesome is that? I now know that God created me just the way I am (with all my flaws - bad teeth, big personality, stubby baby toenails and all) and who am I to say I don't like it?? I love that He can use me in spite of me. I still get hurt, a lot. Far more often than I ever talk about on here, but He's teaching me to look to Him for my self-worth, and that hurt people hurt, and all I can do is be loving and consistent.

Ok, well, I'm quickly realizing that this is far too much post for a quick one before I run to church. So I'm going to sign off for now, but I feel at 'Things I Know at 30' post coming on and I'll try to get back to it as soon as I can. And you know what? If I can't, I'm not going to lose any sleep over what you are thinking about me in the meantime. :) Thanks my faithful blog followers, it's just really cool to know you are there! blessings!

No comments: