Apr 30, 2009

Fear and All His Friends

ugh. I am so sick of our media right now. Seriously, these people are out of control lately. Between all the dooms-daying about the economy and inflation and now the Swine Flu nonsense. Yep, you heard me right, nonsense. I'm so tired of the media hyping people up and taking away their hope, and I refuse to participate in it anymore.

Dave Ramsey had some really good things to say about the media, and the economy, and a lot more during this free simulcast last week. I did not get to hear the entire thing because we had kids open houses at school, but the 45 minutes I caught were awesome. You can find out more here.

Town Hall for Hope

For the record, I think Christians need to be the calm in this stormy time. Watch yourself when you are taking in all of this frothy stirred up media frenzy and remember that God is our strength, our deliverer, our healer and our provider. We have no reason to fear. Let me remind you of a couple of verses flood your heart with some peace...

Psalm 27:3
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.

Psalm 46:2
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

And also, remember that we need to keep our hearts turned toward Him, rather than the desires of the flesh and this rotten, fallen world...

Proverbs 29:25
Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

Psalm 34:9
Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.

Proverbs 14:27
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

This is where I turn when the news gets scary. I'm spending extra time with God right now, making sure my heart is right so that when that trumpet sounds, I'm ready. I'm also slowing down with my kids and speaking words of life to them, reminding them of what Jesus did for each of us and encouraging them to check their own hearts. I believe that's the best investment I can make right now.

1 comment:

The Sermonator said...

Absolutely, Anna. Through all this it will be the people of faith with trust in the trustworthy Lord who will come out for the better - Great blogging. Thanks for the uplifting words from the Word. Love you