Apr 1, 2009

Seriously...

I did not fall off the face of the earth. Or any of the countless ways you've perhaps envisioned in my 7 day blogosphere silence. bunny trail - have you seen the promo for that 1000 ways to die program? That looks really intriguing to me for some reason.

Mom and I pretty much ripped up Houston. :) Not quite, but we definitely tried. We did make it to both really good scrapbook stores, Baybrook Mall, the Galleria, watched Aliens vs. Monsters with the kids (boo, not impressed), Harwin Drive (actually not street as previously mentioned), church and a big social dinner, scrapbooking on Friday night and numerous movies/veg time in between. It was a lot of fun. I didn't take nearly enough photos, not really sure why. I did manage to squeeze in a sinus issue on Saturday, which I'm still trying to chase off. And Mom left not feeling well too, so bummer. But we had a blast and I'm pretty sure it's the most time I've spent with my mom since graduating high school (gulp) 13 years ago.

In all of our shopping, i actually did not overspend (stayed under budget by $25 in fact!) but found some great deals, including the jewelry for my new dress to wear for Ordination two weeks from tomorrow. I also found 2 pairs of great new flats from Kohls for about $10 a pair. I need to take some photos. Mom also bought me an early birthday present - a great brass bracelet from Target with owls etched in it all the way around, I'm super psyched about it. And I did finish 4 pages on Friday night, so I'll have to post those pics in the near future.

We are back in to a busy stretch; I've got 3 photo shoots in the next 8 days and we will be out of town for a Youth Rep retreat on Friday and Saturday. I'm excited about all that God is doing in our lives though, and really excited for ordination. We've been working towards this for a long time, over 10 years in fact.

Ok, so I'm about to call it a night, a hot shower and a good night's sleep sounds fantastic at this point, but let me share a couple photos first.
Here Mom and I are at Cheddar's - about to dive in to our Spinach Dip. It was yummy! And I should mention I'm trying a new hairstyle, it's significantly shorter than previously, but I'm really enjoying it.
We happened upon the Easter Bunny at the mall on Saturday and the kids enjoyed that. I couldn't believe Sarah actually got that close to him!
We visited the Container Store one morning while at the Galleria. And overall, I was pretty overwhelmed by it, but I loved this fabulous display of cameras.
And I got this great shot of Mom and the kids the first night she arrived. Both of those dolls Mom gave to Sarah, she's sewn both of their outfits. They were a big hit with Sarah.

No comments: