Mar 1, 2007

where I'm at today




Waiting.

I'm waiting for a phone call from Expo. I'm about to start working on a special project for them and I'm pretty psyched.

But in the meantime, I can type. I've been meaning to blog lately, but I have a real lac of free time suddenly. Totally explainable, I crazily reversed back to two full-time children. :) So what do I think now that we are on day 4?

I love it. Homeschooling definitely presents it's challenges, but I think it's amazing overall. I know that Eli is getting more, but working less, does that makes sense? We work about an hour and a half each day. We do math and phonics and reading and bible and science and art and history. Yep, ART is my favorite subject, how did you guess? And we really do art every day because I think it's important. And I'm the teacher, so there. :) I liked his art book so much that I went and bought a second one for me and now we do ART together. It's amazing.
Today we did all our subjects and then Daddy took the kids out for PE. Then I laid Sarah down for a nap (she's exhausted from the PEing) and Daddy and Eli did music lessons with Daddy's guitar. Cool, huh? Hopefully we will make it to the library tomorrow, it's been an insanely busy week for us.
So in other areas of my life.... Expo has a new great promo - they are asking for another 50 videos. If you haven't done this yet, I just have to tell you that you are insane and you should be checking yourself in somewhere. This has been such an amazing addition to my life. So I'm working on uploading those. I've also been running around for MOPs - that was awesome yesterday, taking both kids. I can't believe I'm really a homeschool MOM now. It's starting to sink in.
I love, love, LOVE my Mac. Still figuring it out, but I think that will just be a way of life for me for a while. I'm not so good at reading instruction manuals. I start to read and then the elevator music comes on in my head and my brain is ejected to la-la land and then I can't even remember what I'm supposed to be reading about.
Reading comprehension has never been my strong suit. :( Poor Eli, I hope he does better.
Sarah is loving homeschooling. My kids have never played together better. I'm not going to tell you it's all sunshine and roses here, we still have our moments, but overall the attitude in the house has definitely skyrocketed. I just feel more together as a family (even if I'm falling apart personally!).
Eli started reading the Bible. Out loud, to me. He's memorized the names of the first five books. I love that. My heart is bursting with admiration for him, he's such a bright boy. I can see where homeschooling is going to set him free to learn. Does that make sense?
Super proud of my mom. She bought a new camera and figured out Expo. She made and uploaded 45 videos in a matter of 6 hours. The woman is impressive. It usually takes me 2 days to do 50 videos. crazy. But I have little people as a constant distraction too. :)
Ok. And Rob bought a new guitar last week. Crazy, I know, but he had a bass and an electric, but no accoustic. He's been leading song service in youth on Sunday nights, since Matt and Tiff left. So he's been borrowing Ivan's accoustic, but now he bought his own. I was cool with it, I totally think it's an investment in him and his talent. So he had this horrible run-around with MoJo's in Edwardsville over a blue Ibanez. He actually bought it and it didn't work (the electric part). He finally returned it today and bought this Ibanez from Halpin in Alton. I call it his Johnny Cash gi-tar because it just looks like a crazy old man guitar. :) But he loves it. In fact he just came in telling me that he wrote a worship song. It's awesome!! I should video him playing it and put it up on MySpace. cool!!
Anyhoo, so stuff is just great. I love our life with it's ups and downs. I love my kids. (especially cause Sarah is actually sleeping right now! (woohoo!)
We've got fun plans tonight - contacts and glasses appointments and we are going to make some videos at McDonald's. Such a happy life. I am so thankful.

No comments: