May 30, 2008

last post of the night

I promise.


I love to read Tara Whitney's blog. She's a brilliant photog in sunny Southern Cal. Anyhoo, they did an interview here and it totally blew me away. Seriously, this woman is enormously gifted and she still struggles with insecurities.

My favorite question they asked her:

"Me: What is the best thing about your job as a professional photographer? The worst?

Tara: Making people feel beautiful. That is totally the best thing for me. Allowing a family to see themselves from an outsiders perspective - all of those little connections and quirks. I also love the high I get while I am shooting. That's pretty fun too. And the worst: constantly doubting myself, never feeling good enough, and proofing. NOBODY LIKES PROOFING."

I totally freak out after every session. Until the client calls/texts/emails I'm a nervous wreck. And good grief, if they never call/email/text!

I feel better. I'm mostly normal. At least a little bit. I could relate to most everything she said, especially about the 'high' she gets when she shoots. I get down right giddy!!

Well, I need to get to bed, I'm so excited for tomorrow! Hope I can sleep!

No comments: