May 9, 2008

Sioux City Happiness







Whoever said you can't buy happiness didn't shop at Younkers.

yep, you heard me right. Younkers is one of the distinct Midwestern delights that I totally missed. I didn't buy a lot, but it was still really fun to browse. Lori and I really enjoyed our day, we took a bunch of photos this morning (like 351) then went to Taco John's (yum) for lunch, shopped at Younkers, went for pedicures and made our hubbies an amazing anniversary supper of grilled steak, moonlight salad, sauted mushrooms, and Sunkist Bakery picnic cake. It's been a really good day. Here are a few photographic highlights. Off to bed now, I have an eight am photo shoot. Pray for our weather, we are expecting rain.





PS - I should mention that today is me and Rob's 10 year anniversary. And some of these cool pictures were taken in the hall of my college dorm room, where we spent hours talking, praying, and yes, kissing. Keep in mind, it was in the winter of 1997 and that hallway was unheated. We were pretty crazy in love, keeping our hands in each other's coat pockets to stay warm. Anyhoo, this hall in Dimmit was known as 'the secret hall' because it was always locked and you had to have a key to even get to that part of the building. It was some crazy coincidence that it happened to be unlocked today and that was pretty stinking cool! Lori took these shots.

No comments: