May 5, 2008

So Glad to Blog.





Man, it's been forever. Life has been so crazy lately, I'm totally unsure where to even begin! But I feel this overwhelming need to blog, to sort out my feelings and thoughts and just to express thanksgiving! God has been soooo good in our lives lately and sometimes I feel like writing it in my private journal is so not enough, kwim??

Ok, so last week was insane. Kim was here and it was awesome. She has such a great way of bringing me back to base. She always pulls me back down off of all the things I'm doing and says, "I know what all is going on around you, but how are YOU doing?" I love that. :)

So we had three days basically of shopping and eating and churching and running around. It was pretty awesome. These pictures are from that, one taken at this amazing mall we discovered, The Woodlands. There's a super neat water way that we walked around and we enjoyed Cheesecake Factory for lunch - if you split something it's not that bad! We hit New York and Co. for some cool photographer clothes (all black) and walked the mall. We also took Kimmie to Kemah, which is always a fun experience.

Then Pastor Craig came in on Friday afternoon and we got to fight Houston rush hour traffic, so that's always a blast. But he did a mini-conference and it was such a huge success. Everyone in our church is talking about what he had to say on Sunday morning too, it was very exciting. I had a photo shoot that afternoon and it was really fun. Oh, and we ate at Baytown Seafood, which is always an experience, to say the least! :)

Wow, this little post is pretty link-heavy, but I think that's fun, right?

I'm so loving our life right now. It was really cool to share it with two very dear friends this week. I'm totally in awe of all that God is doing. Life group was amazing last night and I'm really wowed by the way we are growing, in numbers but more importantly relationally.

So we are getting ready to leave for the great trip North. I'm looking forward to the open road and the hum of the engine at 72 miles an hour cause I'm wierd like that. Rob and I love the long stretches and conversations that take place on the open road. We have always loved to travel together, it's only slightly harder with a three year old, but we'll make it! I'm of course taking a pile of work with me, books to read, coupons to be sorted and filed and discarding the expireds, lots of fun things. We are really enjoying What's the Deal With? so that will probably make it into my bag too. And I'm working on a new music list with iTunes. What's a trip without some new music to set the stage for you. Every major trip we've ever taken has a theme cd. Our Colorado trip was Pathways, man, every time I hear that music I think about cruising through the Rockies with Cousin John at 90 miles an hour. I can still remember when our ski's flew off the roof (just too much sustained wind at that speed) and we all had a good laugh about the 'road rash' on Rob's skis. hee hee. Yep, every awesome road trip needs some great music to trigger your memories in the years to come. I just happened to receive my iTunes gift card from MyPoints, so it's perfect timing. I'm open to suggestions people, unless I already have it. I'm kind of a music junkie in case you hadn't noticed! I'm totally psyched for new music. I'm seriously contemplating the PS I Love You soundtrack - it's cheaper on iTunes of course.

Rob and I are doing amazing. We are creeping up on our big day here on Friday. Can't believe its been ten years. I'm still thrilled to snuggle up with him in bed at night, that is an amazing thing folks. He is so the best thing ever, gosh I'm blessed. I haven't quite figured out what I'm giving him for our anniversary. I'm leaning towards Mario Kart for the Wii, but he'll get to play it this weekend so we'll see what he thinks of it. Yeah, I know that's an immature gift, but he'd probably really love it. Hey, and the couple that plays together stays together, right? and prays, that's vitally important too. I've also thought about Wii Fit for him. Don't worry, he doesn't read this. In his words, "I don't need to read it, I live it!" hee hee. gotta love that man.

Well, I'm pretty much droning on and on, but that's ok. I'm uber excited to scrapbook with Lori and my mom this weekend. I've been stockpiling new product apparently, too busy to bust it out and play. I am packing a bag though, and Elsie's new book/box is traveling with me, so that should be pretty stinking inspiring.

Time to snuggle with my hubby and a carpet picnic. this is our fake anniversary dinner. catch you later, peeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just stumbled upon your blog and thought it was interesting! :)