Sep 23, 2008

Being Neighborly









Doug and Heather, Rob and I helped our neighbor, Cordelia, with a downed tree today. This is a project that we've been tackling since last Thursday. I was surpemely annoyed when I went over to assist Corelia last Thursday and she told me that our HOA had sent her a letter about removing the tree from the sidewalk. Her insurance adjuster wouldn't even come out to Baytown because it 'wasn't safe' yet so she couldn't even begin the process of getting a check to pay for the removal. So I told her I'd ask around and see if we could get our hands on a chainsaw to help her out. We found more than that! Doug and Heather were awesome, just jumping on in there. It was good to work hard, side by side. And I'm glad to get to know our neighbor!

And yep, all of that debris we moved there. It was ridiculous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you guys...digging in and helping out - what an example of a servant's heart!!