Sep 1, 2008

it's been too long...

So I got knocked out by a sinus infection. Or something. Not even sure what exactly. I've been wondering now if it's an ear infection really. My head has been hurting so badly the past 4 days. But today has been a lot better than the last few, so I'm thankful for that.

Yesterday was tough. I struggled to even get myself to church, woozy in the car the entire ride there. But Rob prayed with me right before we left and I felt a lot better suddenly when I walked into the sanctuary. We did a skit, so I was really trying to pull it together for that. The plot was pretty simple - me sleeping in on a Saturday and Rob trying to wake me for the Fall Fest Planning breakfast. It was humorous though, especially since I'm generally the one dragging Rob out of bed to meet our commitments. :) The crowd seemed to enjoy it and the whole 'bedraggled' look worked for me, considering how down and out I was yesterday. I didn't even make it to prayer last night, the idea of corralling two children through individual/corporate prayer service was more than I could manage. We stayed home in pajamas. I went to bed early and slept in this morning. I love Labor Day.

So tomorrow we tackle another a week. I'm trying hard to work through some photography books and that's going pretty well. I've also spent some time today reworking our family budget. It's been a little out of kilter because of my photography expenses and I'm really not comfy with that, I'm excited to do better with it. Grocery gaming has been too far off my radar as of lately too, so I really need to get clicking. I did spend a good hour on the phone with Lori this afternoon clipping coupons, now I just need to sort and get my lists going. I'm very excited to get our financial life corralled again. We are enrolled in a Dave Ramsey course that starts on Thursday, and I'm super psyched about that.

I also massively cleaned house today. All that's really left is the kids room (insert horror music here) and our master bath. Oh, and I really need to steam clean the carpets. hmmm. I'm feeling a lot better about things in general though, just having gotten on top of our paper work and household chores. I finally got my kitchen floor scrubbed today, and man, that felt good!

I really do love our life.

God is so good.

No comments: