Nov 8, 2008

Unexpected Down Time

Ok, so I'm sad this morning because my 10am booking postponed since 4 of their family of 6 are sick in bed. I was really looking forward to this family - they are amazing and you'll be able to see that as soon as I take their photo. Oh well though, we will reschedule. They actually bought my basic setting at a Missions Auction last summer, so I'm confident they want to get it done. :)

But I'm grateful for the extra down time. I've been running so hard lately, working every waking moment. I slept in (sort of) till about eight this morning, as much as I could ignore Sarah's obstinence. She seems sick this morning; runny nose and warm forehead, super stinking crabby.

So, I need to clean the house a bit for my 1pm appointment. I'm super excited, it's my very first maternity shoot and I'm ready to really try anything! I'm also thrilled because this Momma-to-be has already said she wants me to do newborn shots within the first two weeks! Yay!!! I love doing newborn work because they are so tiny and squishy and the momma in me knows that they only stay that way for about one second and then they are four and yelling at you from their bed for a kleenex at 7:12am on a sleepy Saturday! If I close my eyes and concentrate real hard I can remember my kiddos that way, smelling like new skin and still with corners in their botton from where they perched in my womb for 9+ months. Sometimes I think taking pictures is a way for me to hold on to those memories. I only wish I could have captured my own little ones the way I do for others, but they were certainly my practice!

I also need to get cracking on Thursdays shoot's post-processing, but I'm tempted to scrapbook a bit this morning, only because it's been forever and a day and the creative process might be really good for me going into this new genre.

Speaking of scrapbooking - this is a picture from last month's meeting. I'm really excited about our group, it's growing quite a bit and we are having a blast!
This is Sarah from her Missionettes Ceremony a few weeks ago. We were so proud of her, she got ELEVEN badges. But you have to understand, our kids are there every week, so they do the work. :)
And this photo is from Lifegroup last Sunday night. Tim and I were sparring.

No comments: