Feb 17, 2010

checking in...

Just realizing I haven't done a real post in a bit. I don't have a lot of time, my project list is huge today. Sarah's been home with strep and then a double ear infection on top of strep for the past week. Yep, week. I noticed those white spots in her throat on Wednesday and we've tried 2 antibiotics and a shot since. She seems to be a lot better, no fever, but still has spots as of this morning. Doctor cleared us to try school today, so we are going to see how she does.

So thankful to have a quiet house again. I love, love, LOVE my family, don't get me wrong... When they are away at work and school is the only good time to accomplish anything. It's some wierd drive in me, I have to accomplish things in order to feel like all is right with the world. Sitting and relaxing is very rarely my thing, unless it's at about 10pm after a full day of hard work! :) I'm a freak.

Today, already had my bible study, which has been amazing lately. Also reading (again) The Power Of A Praying Wife by Stormie O'Martian. I highly recommend it, even if you've read it previously, you cannot overpray for your spouse, or children for that matter. Today talked about praying for your husband's work, something that I do often. :) (seriously, we pray in the car every day on the way to drop off at school and work, I pray for him during my quiet time, and he's never set foot on that Sunday morning platform without being thoroughly soaked in prayer, it's kind of a necessity for the job.) BUT, it talked about how some men bounce through their adult lives, from job to job and never really finding meaning or purpose or satisfaction. It also talked about how praying parents can help steer a child towards a decisive career. Not in that you project your hopes and dreams on to the child, but praying that they will be driven and purposeful from the get go. It was a good wake up call for me in a new area of prayer for Eli and Sarah. I pray often for their spouses, for the stickyness of their salvation (they've both prayed the sinners prayer, thank you Jesus), for financial wisdom, their integrity, etc. But that was a good area to add to my list. And with that, I began to realize how little responsibility I've given them at home. Mostly because I think it's easier and faster to do things myself, but I have to slow down long enough to remember that 'easier and faster' is almost never better parenting. :)

Anyhoo, that was a bit of a tangent.

I'm excited for the day. I have an order to work on and get sent off, a graduation cd to scan images and set to a slide show, and a family session to edit, and a kitchen floor to scrub. (ew) And, in my wildest dreams, I'd really love to put all responsibility on hold this afternoon for an hour and scrapbook. Should be a great day. (stay in school, Sarah!)

No comments: