Feb 12, 2010

Photo 365, Photo #32


I know this is a bit of an odd photo, but I just need to share how excited I am for Rob's and my date this evening. So excited that I went ahead and laid out all of our clothes for this evening. (and even went ahead and ironed Rob's shirt). I honestly can't remember the last time Rob and I went out on an actual fancy dinner date. Sure, we do Thursdays (not this week) and I adore Thursdays.. I'm convinced that Thursdays are what make our marriage so special. But we usually try to keep the Thursday tab to a minimum.

We just don't do the fancy dinner thing, and have NEVER done the fancy dinner thing for Valentine's Day. Ha ha, even when we were dating... That first February of 1997, I was fasting from sun up to sun down because it was lent (kind of ironic because I've been on fasting kick again). Anyway, Rob picked me up and I was starving. He didn't make any reservations. He did bring me a gift, flowers, I think. And we went to Red Lobster. I was really concerned about the cost, because we'd only eaten there on the lunch menu after church. We were seated and got our menus out and were floored by the cost. He was trying to be manly about it, but I was all, 'You can't afford this and it's not worth it' so we eventually decided to evacuated before we ever ordered. I bet that waiter was left wondering why we left. :) So we got in the car and drove around Sioux City looking for some place good to eat. As usual, we couldn't make a decision, and wound up having Pizza Hut about an hour later. I was so hungry I didn't care anymore! :) So, we've never really had a good history with Valentine's Day. I think that kind of set us up for a rough start.

Two years ago we did go out with our church to Sartins Seafood and had all you could eat crab. But believe me, if you at all remember the photos, it was far from romantic. And last year, we put on a hugely romantic Fireproof Dinner, but we were both working the kitchen and the details through out. It was beautiful, but not at all for relaxing or romantic for us.

Rob and I are just too cheap to go out for dinner big and fancy just the two of us. But this year, the church has organized a dinner to Pappadeaux's, the sister restuaraunt of our very favorite place in Kemah that washed away in Ike and is no more. We've never eaten at this location, but Pastor promises that it is as good as the Kemah place, only minus the incredible view and ambiance. So we are going tonight and I am making it a big deal. We going to get all cute, have a babysitter coming, and I rented Love Happens for when we get home, all fat and happy. I can't wait! Happy Valentine's Day!

PS - I'm the official photographer for the evening, so you know I'll have photos to share!

No comments: