Feb 22, 2010

Should Be Working


Once again, my to-do list is larger than my motivation level. :) I am going to get to it, but this weekend was such a blur, I just wanted to touch base for a few moments first. I've already accomplished a bit this morning and definitely feel like I'm on the right track for the day, so that's good.

Friday I spent tackling my ATP projects, and accomplished a lot. Friday night we took the kids to Panera Bread (oh, and it was soooo good) and then we went over to Barnes and Noble, also very fun. It was just nice to do something normal and fun with our kids, after Sarah being so sick for so long. Plus, with Pastor and Miss Linda retiring, our life is going to get a bit crazy here in the next few weeks. We needed a family fun night and it was totally worth it. Saturday we got up early and went to church for Trinity Work Day. We worked hard and it was a lot of fun too. At noon, we packed up and headed out to Jenkins Park for Walk To Drive with about 4 other churches to raise money for missions. After that we ran to Walmart, returned some students home, took the van back to the church, and then went home to housework and meal prep for Sunday night life group. Everyone pitched in and that helped so much! After about 4 loads of laundry I collapsed on the couch about 10. Sunday started early, with the usual stuff, only we did a Camp Emphasis video as well, since our camp deadline is only about 3 weeks away already. After church we had SMAC (Sunday McDonald's After Church). Only about 4 students showed up, but we had a great time anyway, stayed almost 2 hours talking, laughing. So fun. Came home, crashed for about an hour and then got ready for life group, which was again, a ton of fun. Everyone left by 8:30 and we were stuffing kids in to beds and doing goodnight kisses. I tried to watch tv for 45 minutes (there was nothing on) and then finally convinced myself to make lunches, wound up in bed by 10. exhausted. Such a good weekend though, reminds me why we do what we do.

The best part was this morning though. I had the kids ready by 7:20 this morning, so we had about 15 minutes extra. So I pulled out my bible and we just did a quick little study on contentment. I have a prayer for your children card that I've been using for about 3 or 4 months now, daily prayers with scriptures, and have been thinking it would be neat to pray with my kids, those verses. So we just did that together, they ran to their rooms and pulled out their bibles, (his camo covered one, her pink and purple leather, so cute) and they wanted to look up the verses (Phillipians 4:12-13) and highlight them and read them out loud from their different translations. So very precious. I want it to happen every day.

Ok, back to work. :)

No comments: