Feb 14, 2010

Photo 365, Photo #34

As promised, here are my sweet valentines. :) They were good sports, especially considering how crummy Sare still feels.

Also, here are a few more fun surprises from the day...

One of our students made us this lovely card. (can you feel the love??)

And I think I mentioned that Rob and I co-spoke on Wednesday night. We did a lot of really cool illustrations, but the one we closed with was about waiting for your true love, God's mate for your life. I talked about how often times you will have a lot of relationships before you find the right one. And in those leading up to relationships, you'll think it's the real thing, much like it's easy to convince an inexperienced jewelry owner that a CZ is the real thing. But when you find the right relationship, the real one, all the previous relationships will look like cheap imitations in the light of the real relationship. Like a diamond compared to a CZ. When you compare them side to side, you can tell the light and the fire and the quality of a diamond is far superior to that of a CZ. I encouraged them to wait for their diamond, not to sacrifice their purity for a cheap imitation. I passed out a large fake stone on a white ribbon with the date stamped on it, to remind them of it, and then compared it to the ring on my finger, comparing the value; 12 stones for $2.5o at Hobby Lobby or $4000 at a jewelry store. It was pretty cool.

Anyhoo, one of our students grandparents came in at the tail end of our message, and was so impressed with it. She sent this gift home to me this afternoon. So sweet, isn't it? (I love our job)

No comments: