Mar 11, 2008

Family Fun Night



It's been a while since we've truly had a family fun night, so tonight we made it happen. It started out with an almost amazing meatloaf made by me. (I got the recipe from Danielle). So we just had a really fun dinner and then we went to Eli's school for library night. They had an easter egg hunt with books as prizes, the kids were pretty in to that! After about 15 minutes we were done there so we headed to the mall to look at easter outfits and find some ice cream for the kiddos. I found a super adorably mint green dress for Sarah and a green on green tie/shirt/vest/pants for Eli (perfectly coordinating, of course) and then we found a fun shirt and tie for Rob, keeping with the green theme. But I thought I had a coupon here at home for JC Penney's, but it's not good until Sunday. So everything is on hold in the men's dept. I'm debating whether or not to do it, we don't dress up a ton at our church, but I really like to go all out for Easter, it's just one of those things my mom always did and I like to keep up some traditions. So if you see any good JC Penney deals, let me know, ok? The dress is on sale 40% off and I think Eli's little snazzy outfit was too. I of course tried to find you a linkie to the dress, but it's not online for some reason.
Anyway, we had a really fun evening. But now both of my kids are being insane and I'm thinking I'm really dumb for letting them do something special on a Tuesday night, they'll head in to Wednesday all tired out and cranky and I'll get to deal with hauling them to church by myself.

uh. Early to bed for me tonight.

No comments: