Mar 19, 2008

Happy Grandmas (continued)









Wow, this morning was so much fun! Ryan and Jody brought the lights and backdrops and we set up in the children's church and just worked it. Awesome. We did our family photos first, then Rob went off to work and we started playing with the kids. I did all my shots except the ones with me in them, naturally. I had a ton of fun playing with the real equipment, it was definitely a confidence builder for me. I don't know when I would have built up the guts to buy lights and backdrops before today, but after using them I can see why it would be really beneficial and open up my possibilities. Wow, I'm so excited. I kept saying that over and over today, Ryan and Jody just kept laughing at me and my excitement!
Anyway, it was a learning curve. Sarah was pretty uncooperative, so I could have done better with a little more time, but I didn't think it was bad for my first studio session ever. It was very different than outdoor photography! VERY! but I loved it and I can't wait to do it again!
Plus, Ryan loaned me a light and umbrella to play with on my own, so the future is wide open now! I'm so excited for Sister Ray's shoot now, this will help a lot! I need to practice a ton between now and next week!

(These first pictures were taken by Ryan and Jodi)

No comments: