Mar 24, 2008

New Shoes, Easter and Anything Else that comes to mind.












It's been a wierd weekend. I know, it's Monday, bu this is a reprise for you. First of all, I thought we would have this wonderful lazy weekend, since there was no service on Sunday night. Somehow we managed to fill it to the brim anyway, but it was awesome and I'm thankful. And the whole while I was thinking it will be fine, I can catch up on Monday, but then late last night while I had started repainting my kitchen, Linda called to see if I would work. Of course, I said yes. Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today kind of thing. So today was hectic too, but that's alright too. I'm learning to let some things go. (like my house, te-hee) And now, instead of cleaning/organizing/putting back together, I'm blogging. But hey, at least I've got my priorities straight, right?

Easter was awesome. I finally feel like it's ok for our family (the four of us) to do things on our own and have our own traditions. We went to the church Easter Egg Hunt, and the kids loved it! We also all dressed coordinating on Sunday morning, it was really cute. We went out for lunch after church (yummy, italian, my fave) and then called our moms and dads on the drive home. We did an egg hunt with the kids, filled with coins rather than candy - very Dave Ramsey. We also hid a present for each kid (Rob included) and played a wild game of Hot/Cold, long time tradition at my house growing up. Then we all played the afternoon way, video games, barbies and kitchen painting. It was a wonderful weekend and I am so thankful for my family. They are amazing.

Oh, and the shoes were a find at Kohl's about a month ago. I just hadn't worn them yet. Surprisingly, they are prettty comfy. I love the giant jewels, imagine that.

Tomorrow I'm getting a much-needed haircut. and the people rejoiced.

No comments: