Jun 26, 2008

FFN strikes again...

Sadly I have no fun photos to share. But we had a great family fun night here at the Thoreson's. First of all, we were going to go swimming, but the weather didn't cooperate. In fact, if you want a laugh, look at the weather for Baytown the next 10 days, it's thunderstorm after thunderstorm. No complaints for me though, the storming keeps the temperature down!
So we picked up the kids from Summer Fun, which they are loving, and took them to the library for some new inspiration. I found several photography books, so that's pretty cool. The kids each picked out a movie and two books. Then we loaded them back in the car and went out towards the bay. We parked in a marina parking lot (in the drizzle), popped the hatch and laid all the seats down, pulled out a pre-packed picnic and had dinner in the car. It was a blast. Definitely some good memories there, too bad I forgot our camera. I really need to invest in a new small point and shoot, our Kodak is just done for so I wind up missing all those snapshot moments I used to be really good about. My beloved Nikon is just too big for family fun night, and the Canon isn't much better.
Oh, I lied. I do have a couple photos to share. We are caring for someone's kitty's while they are out of town. He's extremely picky about his yard, and Rob walked in to find this mess late this afternoon. So we spent the last hour and a half doing community service. :) Still, a good family event. We got the pool totally clean (which is major because there was a lot of branches, pine needles, cones and general debris in there) and all the branches,etc into two major piles on each end of the pool, off the grass and up on the patio. Rob and some of our students are going to go over and finish cleaning up tomorrow afternoon. What a mess! Thankfully, none of these branches hit the house, or did any real damage to the pool or diving board. whew.

No comments: