Jun 12, 2008

Have You Wondered?


Why my life has been so quiet this week?

I owe a big thank you to my mother-in-law, Ginny and her husband Charlie, for taking the kids for the week. Rob was at camp, and I was supposed to go to, but just got really overwhelmed with all the chaos in our life lately. So I stayed home for a few days by myself and it was wonderful. Seriously people, I didn't even get out of my jammies on Tuesday until noon! That is unheard of in my life. There was one whole day that I didn't put on make-up! (I apologize to anyone who accidentally saw me that day!) I feel so much more rested mentally, and ready to tackle all the challenges of the summer - and believe me, there are quite a few lying ahead of us!

Today I drove back up to Atlanta, TX to pick up the kids. I enjoyed 5 hours in the car alone, listening to podcasts, a little Relient K (wow, I love those boys, it's ridiculous!) and spending TONs of time on the phone. It was so good catching up with people. I met Ginny and the kids at a fun Texas Grill and what a greeting I had! We had a long trip back to Baytown, and parts of it were a bit rough. 12 hours in the car is a lot for anyone though.

But I'm so happy to have my little ones home again. Yes, there was screaming and fit-throwing and general worn-out-ed-ness, but I'm thrilled to see my children's chubby little fingers and run my hands through their silky blonde hair and listen to their excited stories of adventures in the sprinkler and Walmart and everything in between. I had a severe hug deficiency this week with my whole family being a-wall and so now they are making up for it, big time. I think Sarah told me 42 times that she 'really, really' missed me. And Eli whispered in my ear that I was 'the best mom ever in the whole wide world' as I tucked him in tonight. There are some things about being a mom that are just amazing.

I know I say it a lot, but that doesn't make it any less true. I am a blessed, blessed woman.

PS - this picture is from about a month ago maybe. My kids are way too photogenic, I know.

No comments: