Jun 27, 2008

Our Tex-iversary

Ok so fun, I google imaged Texas Love (in retrospect probably a bad idea) but this was the second image that came up. I decided it was appropriate!

We have officially lived in Texas for an entire year as of today! We drove into the state on June 26, 2007 and I have to say, we've never looked back! I think we've done a great job of adjusting, being Northerners and all. I've successfully hung on to my North Shore accent, Dad would be proud. Hey, if 20 years in farm country couldn't shake the Chicagoan out of me, there's little chance that Texas can! I will admit to the occasional ya'll slipping into my vocab, it's just easier. Plus, our students really give me a hard time for my hard midwestern "you guys" and the ladies here take major offense when you call them guys. It's 'yes ma'am or no ma'am' or you may as well hold your tongue!

It's all good though. I've learned a lot in the past year. For instance, how to eat Mexican food, how to eat seafood, and how to eat BBQ - though it's still not my fave. I will admit to the occasional Pappadeaux's craving and shock of all, I actually felt like El Torro yesterday. Man, they have yummy guac dip. I've mastered the art of the one way feeder road. Ok, well, not quite, but I'm almost there. I've fallen in love with the water! Not so much being in it, but enjoying living close to the coast, smelling it in the air. I can't say enough about the weather either, it's been awesome to photograph outside ALL YEAR ROUND! What a blessing!

Anyhoo, we are officially Texans. We love it. We are here to stay. Hope that doesn't disappoint anyone too badly. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And we are so glad y'all are here!!