May 29, 2009

Supposed to be Working..

I'm having a hard time getting motivated this morning. It's kind of ironic, because it's only 10am and I've already gotten everyone out the door and dropped off, ran two errands and met with a client. But now it's time to edit and I'm just dragging a bit. Editing is probably my least favorite part of photography, a necessary evil. I've learned a lot in the past few months about how to make the process better, faster, with more quality results, but I'd still rather not. :) Definitely worth the final outcome.

Anyway. I've wanted to share about a little miracle in our lives that took place yesterday. As many of you know, we roofed our house ourselves (with the help of Kimmie and Ricky and a few other awesome people!) last November. Ike had blown off some of our shingles and Blu-Roof had tarped it up in a way that required a replacement. Our first adjuster was a gift from God, he was super nice and easy to work with.

Well, about a month ago we got our fence replaced and it was time to send in all our receipts for our depreciation check. A week ago I got a call from our second adjuster, wanting to come by and see the work, which he did last Friday. Yesterday he called me to ask how come we didn't have any labor receipts. :) Long story short, he was super impressed that we did the work ourselves, and that it looks good! He was very gracious and figured out how to send us that last depreciation check. Awesome, huh?

So once we receive that check, Ike is a thing of the past. Good thing too, Hurricane Season officially begins in 3 days. :)

No comments: