May 4, 2009

Touch!! (and other adventures)

This is my new toy! No, I haven't named it just yet. Target had an even better sale this week - the 8gig for $229 minus a $25 gift card and I just had to bite. I love it! I can totally see how this is going to make my life easier!

Well, it was definitely a weekend!! And I'm in Monday mode, trying to recover from too much going on, as usual. Sarah's still been sick... grrr. Hopefully, Lord-willing she'll go back to school tomorrow. We are definitely to the point of being in each other's space. The first few days she was home I was good about slowing down and spending time with her, but now I'm just too far behind and had to play catch up. She didn't like that. She did go to bed really well tonight, so fingers crossed!!

Saturday night, after I got home from photographing a First Communion (which was good, but way too in the box - wish I could have been a little more free to just shoot) Rob told me that our dear friend and mentor Tricia Cunningham was going to be in the Houston area for the week. Well, actually she's in Brenham (boo - 2 hours away) and we have a hectic schedule till Thursday, when she'll be going home... So we decided to run out to the airport and see her yesterday. She was so funny, saying she couldn't believe we'd drive an hour each way just to spend an hour with her. And I'm like, "But it's TRICIA! Of course we would!" She's usually in California - which might as well be the other side of the world. Houston is a breeze! :) Anyhoo, it was a great hour of coffee and catching up and just relishing all that God is doing in our families. Very awesome and you know what? I would have driven 2 hours each way just to spend a little time with someone so amazing. Do you know anyone like that??

So here's our pic. Taken courtesy of Eli, my budding photographer. And knowing him, he probably saw that sign and found it funny, took it anyway. Yep, we are definitely SMOKIN'. :) So glad this picture turned out so much better than my dweeby Heidi picture.

K, and when I was taking the iPod pic, I noticed my face studying the screen and thought you can see how I spend my evenings as of late - working in Photoshop with my eyes all studious like that. Except I try to 'work' in my glasses instead of my contacts, but haven't gotten that far this evening just yet...

No comments: