Jul 23, 2009

Mental Health Day

I had to run to Houston today to the camera store for asome supplies for a client order... So I decided to take a few hours to myself. Started off with my Bible study at Roseland Park. That's probably one of my favorite places in Baytown to sit and talk with the Lord. It's beautiful. You can fee the breeze off the baby and watch the birds and it's really close to the church, so that's convienient. I go there often.
Then I headed to my favorite camera haunt in Houston and picked up the things I needed. Got to talking to the clerk there and turns out he's a Christian so we wound up discussing photographing church events, so that was fun! He also gave me few pointers on some of the special features on my new d90 and recommended a tutorial dvd which I bought. Looking forward to sitting down with that tomorrow!!
Then I wandered over to the Galleria. It's not my favorite mall, but it was close and safe and I was looking for a New York and Company to find a shirt to go with a sweater and a jacket I had bought earier this spring. General Council is around the corner and i'm begining to think about wardrobe. I did a very careful job of choosing pieces that will coordinate well with what I already have. (I'm growing up) They had all their clearance items 60% off, so I picked up a sweater that I'd been eyeballing for 4 months for $12!! Unfortunately I did not find the shirt I was looking for, but found some cute (cheap) things for Council. I also found a few fun clearance things for Sare at Claire's. Her birthday is right around the corner and I'm seriously unprepared!!'
On the way out tof the mall I breezed through Macy's to check out the new Lemongrass color of Fiestaware. Um, there has never been a more 'me' color!
Oh, and I had a fantastic ongoing confersation with Lori. It was a great morning! Now I'm off to pick up the kiddos and hit the library! Oh, and a quick client drop-off on the way. It's been a good Thursday, just miss spending it with Rob... Fall is almost here and then Thursday's will really mean something again!

No comments: