Jul 13, 2009

Remember My Last Post??

I do not normally post on Sunday morning before church. In fact, yesterday morning was really strange and I actually had an extra hour at home before Sunday School. And I posted about that crazy lion dream.

Got to church that morning and this is the sermon Pastor preached. (my notes) He happened to use the precise scripture verse that was in my head when I woke up Sunday morning. Talk about confirmation!! Rob and I were in awe!

1 Peter 5:8

8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.


Ok, so here are my notes....




How To Win Battles in this This Life
1 Chron 20

Jehosaphat was one of 5 great Kings of Judah
Made a bad choice when he aligned himself with Ahab.

Life is a battle we need to know how win: intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, relational, economic, cultural, moral.

Stand on the Word of God.

Acknowledge that a real enemy would desire to destroy you.

1 Peter 5:8
Stand firm in your faith!

Trouble can become your servant rather than your master.
Ask God "how can I grow in this situation?"
When God is speaking the best thing we can do is listen and remember that He is sovereign.
Fear is one of the first things we experience when the enemy is near - He tries to defeat you with fear initially.

When you walk with God you begin to look and love and think like God, rather than the world.

When drifting to the world's ways, the less we trust God's ways.
The devil will back you into a corner but God can still save you.
Jehosaphat knew God as the answer, the solution for life's answers.
Acknowledge God as your ONLY source of deliverance!
Don't leave yourself unprotected - keep the Holy Spirit as a covering.


Hearing this sermon, so completely in context with my interpretation of the dream, wow, it was awesome! I was also reminded of this verse Acts 2:17
" 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."

Not saying I'm an old man, but I've felt for some time that we are living in last days and I never realized God could use me this way. I spoke to Pastor after service and he felt like it was really a confirmation that he was right on that morning.

What I wanted to say yesterday (but wanted you to think about) is that I felt like the dream was reminding me how caught up in our daily lives we can get, how distracted by this world and all it's entrapment's. We can go about our daily lives and forget that a hungry lion is seeking to destroy us. But even when we are distracted and suddenly find ourselves trapped in his snare, our faith in God can still bring about our rescue. Even when we forget about Him, He never forgets about us, not even for a moment. He is waiting for us to call out His name and ready to rescue.

The dream was frightening, but what a wonderful reminder of what I truly need to live for!!

No comments: