Jan 17, 2010

Another Random Sunday

anyone notice how I've been blogging a lot more consistently lately? Isn't it fun? I had been realizing how poor my blogging skills had been and really missing the chance to reflect. I also keep a prayer journal, and haven't been neglecting that, but this is more random, fun things than my private notebook.

I think the Photo 365 has been a really good motivator. Not just with blogging, I'm picking up a camera (one of three) a lot more often in the day, and I feel like our life story isn't slipping away as badly lately. Besides, I have 10G of storage on blogger now, I may as well use it! :)

Today was kind of a crazy Sunday. The alarm went off at six and I was just waking up to some United worship music when my phone went off. Linda was calling me to let us know that Pastor wasn't feeling well and that we needed to make arrangements to fill in for him this morning. I hung up with her, and (before we even got out of bed) started discussing options with Rob. My first reaction was that Rob should preach, but I have a tendency to overachieve and push Rob towards that myself. He hates doing things last minute and being put on the spot. So I held my tongue and gave him a chance to think it through himself...

He rapidly concluded that he really wanted to speak this morning, felt like God was even leading him on Friday in that direction. (isn't God good?) So that left him with about 20 minutes to prepare before he had about 20 to get dressed and ready for his 7:30 ride to worship practice. Brother Herb was gracious to fill in on leading worship at the last minute, so everything went off without a hitch. I texted a few of my close friends and family to pray for Rob because I knew he was nervous, he's only spoken in 'big church' about 3 times before at Trinity. He did fantastic. I was super proud of him, of course. It is my job to be his cheerleader, you know.

After church we had our first SMAC (Sunday McDonalds After Church) with our teenagers, and that was really fun. The idea is that we just all meet at a common place for lunch, once a month. Our students seemed to enjoy it. Then we went home for a nap, got up in time to clean up the house and prepare for youth lifegroup.

As we we were preparing I noticed this conversation happening in the living room.. One of those neat teaching moments. I quickly grabbed my camera, took the shot, and the moment was gone. Made me realize two things; 1.) that our living lighting is absolutely atrocious and I really need to install some additional lights if I want to continue to take photos without the flash or the tripod. (I love natural light) and 2.) that I need to be thinking faster in manual. This photo 365 is such a good ignitor for me! So, it's fuzzy, but I still caught the essence of the moment and I'm glad for the effort!

So tonight we played Apples to Apples, Sequence and Uno in different groups tonight and the food was yummy. All in all, it was a wonderful Sunday and I can't help but feel like we both grew quite a bit in the process of today. God is so good!!

Also, I realized earlier this evening that Rob and I met 13 years ago yesterday at an InterVarsity meeting at Morningside College. I had no idea that my life was going to change direction so suddenly and so perfectly. It's amazing to me how thirteen years have flown by and how he's still my absolute favorite.

PS - isn't this a beautiful sunset?? One of our students took it this evening...


PSS - I have a whole bunch of pages to take pictures of and post for you tomorrow. Hoping to maybe scrapbook again? And looking forward to the day with my whole family home and book club tomorrow night. good stuff.

No comments: