Jan 22, 2010

Dream

(I actually had this dream way back in January, but it's ok to share it now. I've got a couple like that to go back and share now that our life makes a bit more sense. It's so cool to see God's provision and protection throughout the process He's been taking us through)


I had the coolest dream as I was waking up this morning. It literally happened in the 10 minutes after I hit the snooze button. (I almost missed it, for once sleeping in a bit paid off!)

Rob and I were driving on a highway. It was very clear in my dream that it was Texas, very solid in my spirit. But it looked like 540 in Arkansas, specifically between Fort Smith and Springdale. The road was very curvy and had a lot of steep ups and downs. If you are at all familiar with that stretch of highway, it is very beautiful, but can be very dangerous when it's wet or icy. There are huge 100-200 foot drop offs that are unprotected by any kind of guard rail. Every time we drive 540 I am in awe of it's beauty and in terror of it's potential to kill. The road in my dream was the same way, and it was this time of year.

Apparently it had rained, but instead of rain, it had rained sand bags (huge, 40lb Mulch looking type sand bags). That sounds bad, but the sand bags had settled in to perfect formation on the sides of the road as though they had been stacked there proficiently by the Corps of Engineers or something. The result was that this normally extremely dangerous road was now more safe than it had ever been before. I just felt God's hand of protection so vividly!!

Rob and I are facing some new challenges in our life, specifically in Texas. We are entering what could definitely be perceived as dangerous territory, where there are normally giant unprotected areas of the road, but I felt like this dream really said that God had gone before us and supernaturally fortified the dangerous areas, all we need to do is trust and drive!!

No comments: