Jan 23, 2010

Birthday Happenings...

Eli turns nine on Tuesday. (oh dear, I know) And today we hosted a party for him and 6 of his school chums. They were all so cute! We had quite the time. Video games, pizza, chocolate cake, and lots and lots of laughter. Such a neat group of kids in his class. Here's some photos to take you through the afternoon.

E & S in front of his big birthday sign. Sare was extremely jealous and wants her own sign for her birthday. I will, and it will be all pink and fabulous. I still need to make a banner and streamer set for her annual birthday bash too. Last year we did Schlitterbahn, so no big party at home. We'll make it right this year. I had so much fun getting out and putting up Eli's birthday banners and stuff.
Eli wanted me to to take a photo of his shirt. I look at this pic and can't help but think how grown up he looks! (and yes, I cut off his head purposely)

And I love this picture of Eli, especially with the angled 'happy birthday' out of focus in the background. I love that I'm learning to get the photo in my head right first, and then tell my camera how to make it happen. So good to be growing!

Daddy took this photo of the 3 of us...
Eli with his pals from school.

blowing out the candles...

singing 'Happy Birthday'.

So fun seeing all these happy kiddos in our kitchen.
A sweet birthday pic with old mom. :)

Loved how they all huddled in around each other.

And you've got to click on this photo to read what exactly the shirt says. It's hilarious!

Well, that's all for now. Other than dropping my diamond ring on the bathroom floor and obliterating the head, it's been a good one. But $70 later it should be good as new and we had a 9th birthday to remember! blessings!

No comments: