Jan 22, 2010

A Few Moments







before the kiddos storm through the door...

It's been a good (exhausting) day. I had a garage sale this morning, in efforts to clean out my garage to return our car to it's rightful space. :) Also, thought the extra money would be nice to have when Mom gets here a week from yesterday. Looking forward to that! So, I spent about an hour marking things that I had been collecting in the garage for the past 6 months, then spent from 8am to noon today in my front yard. Between sales I finished raking and bagging the leaves on our lawn. I also finished up "Waiting for Morning" by Karen Kingsbury for February's book club meeting at Trinity. (good book!)

At noon I packed up the last box of leftovers and hauled it to the curb, hoping that stuff will disappear on it's own. And I just peeked outside and it did! yay! Then I came in for some lunch and settled in on cleaning/decluttering/organizing. A never-ending task, it seems. I'm trying to get my home in order before Mom's visit. Not that she'll care, it's just a really good excuse. Plus, we are hosting Eli's 9th birthday party tomorrow. Oh dear. :) I did get the kitchen floor mopped, the cake made (still needs to be frosted) and some cards ready for the mail. There's still so much to be done though. I'm working off a huge list of household 'to-dos'. ATP is pretty slow this time of year, except for orders, so I'm trying to catch up on all the housework and maintenance I ignored over the holiday season. Rob's been a big help so far too. We did major yard work yesterday, cleaning out all the flowerbeds and remulching.

So, that's about it for now. I just needed to sit down and give my back a break. My body is talking to me quite a bit after yesterday's and today's yard work! :)

Now to share a few scrapbook pages with you. Lori and I scrapped for an hour last night while Rob was at worship practice...

This photo is from our very first Rodeo Sunday back in 2008. This year will be our third! (next month already!)

This page I had started last week with the girls at scrapbooking, but the stitching took forever so I just finished it a couple days ago..
And this one is my favorite of the day. It has the place of honor on the fridge. Printed up these fun 'photo strips' in Photoshop. Loved the christmas tree transparency and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it as soon as I found it. Oh, I just remember I was going to put some stickles on it, I'll have to go back and add that.
Well, that's it for now. You know I'll be posting photos tomorrow, big day for my almost 9 year old! His actual birthday is Tuesday, but you can't hardly party on a Tuesday, now can you?

No comments: