Feb 9, 2007

I said hey, what's going on ??



I'm sure you are dying to know. I've just kind of left everyone hanging the last couple days. Life has just been busy. And I keep thinking how much home schooling is going to change our life, and adapt with us and our lifestyle. It's pretty exciting. So yes, we've officially decided, we are doing this homeschool thing. I'm breaking out my long skirts and growing a mullet and it's off to homeschool we go. Just kidding. :)
Actually, when my sister was here the other day she said "Man, you're such a hip young mom." Awww. I try to be relevant, I really do. :)
So...
I talked to his teacher yesterday. She took it really well. I just wanted her to know that it had nothing to do with her, she does an amazing job with him and if she hadn't been so wonderful we probably would have made this choice a lot sooner. There are a lot of factors that have played into this decision and they all kind of came together to lead us to the choice to pull him out.
I also spoke with Eli's principle yesterday and he was also extremely supportive. I was very surprised by that, but I guess it's 2007 and the world has changed in the 20 years since my parents originally homeschooled us. (thank goodness)
And I was just in a telling mood yesterday, because I told the women's ministries group at church last night - just figuring it would be better for everyone to hear it straight from me rather than the rumor mill and it was a good opportunity.
So now the question is when. I'm leaning towards Valentine's Day being his last day. His teacher is very sad to see him go, she said they would miss him a lot and all I can think is "I know, we miss him now!". I just can't wait to see how he comes around at home when he's well-rested again. I'm so excited for all the things we will learn and do together. I'm starting on a daily schedule for us, but I have some details to hammer out. The book I'm reading suggests fridays as field trip day, but I think we'll do Mondays instead, so daddy can join us.
I know this is going to be a life change - drastic, but I think I'm ready. Please, if you think of us in the next few weeks, be praying for us as we make this transition. Especially me. :) Still not sure what I'm doing, but my confidence is growing daily. I've found a lot of helpful books and a few people too!
What else is happening? I've played a tiny bit - the page I posted. We had this picture taken back in Ozark and it's a terrible picture from a really horrible day we had. We ate some moldy cheese on our tacos (not knowing, of course) right before this picture was taken. I was counting down to a throwup party basically. :) And Sarah wouldn't smile for anything, she looks like a zombie. And we won't even talk about my hair. gee whiz. Then after the terrible picture the Olan Mills guy tries to wrestle me to the ground to buy a print. I'm like, are you looking at the same picture I am??? Anyway, I ran across this picture the other day and decided to scrapbook it, cause at least I can laugh at it then.
Oh, and this is the potato I exploded in my oven the other day. Isn't that funny? Rob didn't think it was quite as funny as I did. details.
We have Cribs tonight. Looking forward to it, but I need to get off this computer and get my house clean. So, ta ta for now!

No comments: