Feb 13, 2007

Snow Day



Help. I've fallen and I can't get up.

I just feel so behind lately. And now, having made the decision to home school, I wonder if I will ever catch up!!!

Sarah was up all night last night. Literally. I went to bed at 10pm - just died in bed, asleep before Rob even made it to bed a few minutes later. Sarah woke up at midnight. She continued to get up every 15-20 minutes there after. She woke up Eli several times. At one point I think we were all crying. (at least on the inside) I just get really mean when I haven't had enough sleep. And I think I'm fighting a cold, so being up with a stinky toddler - not my cup of tea last night.
So fast forward to this morning, I DRAG both of my kids out of bed and scramble to motivate Eli to get him to school. Notice it's still raining. Rob takes Eli to school, and it's closed. For snow. (looking around for snow) Oh, but a major system hits here maybe a half an hour later. It will be totally white within 20 more minutes, I'm pretty sure. Beautiful.
And so I'm sad. I love snow days. but I am just SO not in the mood to be the fun mom today. I want to be the gritchy asleep on the couch mom today. Oh well, suck it up and do it anyway. I've got tons to prepare for before homeschool starts on the 26th.
This is perfect weather for scrapbooking. Maybe this afternoon during naps. And oh, there will be naps, let me tell you!!!

No comments: