Feb 17, 2007

My High


Every day we do 'hi-lo' with the kids before we go to bed. Well, today my high was after my kids were snuggled in for the night. I had a chance to video chat with my big brother, clear over in Iraq. It's the first time I've talked to him more than email since he's been over there. So, so, so cool. What an absolute treat! Rob took this picture of us chatting. (ignore the monstrously messy desk) My sister was in on the call, too, and my brother's wife towards the end, but the more people we added the poorer the connection got.

Modern technology amazes me. I love the internet. It was so good to see his face. I read and see terrible things in the news about Iraq every day. I pray for my brother every day, and for his safe return to his family. (he has three boys) Please, join me in my prayers for his safety and support our troops. Even if you don't agree with what's going on over there, our men (brothers, fathers, husbands) are out fighting their hearts out and they need our unconditional love and support.

No comments: